For all students at Bergen Academy of Art and Design (KHiB)
KHiB is to become a part of University of Bergen (UiB) on 1 January 2017. Along with The Grieg Academy we will merge into a completely new faculty at UiB: Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design. What does this mean for you as a student at KHiB?
Spring 2017 - no major changes:
- Your individual academic plan and programme description still apply
- Until summer 2017 you will still find information about courses on itslearning
- Semester registration and semester fee for spring 2017 will proceed as normal
- The spring 2017 exam will proceed as normal
- You will still use the user account from KHiB for logging on to computers in the computer labs throughout spring 2017. UiB will take over operation of the computers after we have moved into to our new building in Møllendalsveien.
- Diplomas will be issued by the new Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design at UiB from 1 January 2017
- There will be a single, shared administration for the new faculty. This may involve some changes, but you will continue to get the support you need. If you wonder about something, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Some new possibilities:
- You may have a user account at UiB (Sebra account) from 1 December 2016. This is not necessary before the autumn 2017, but an opportunity
- The user account at UiB provides access to a variety of services, such as email account, student card, Windows account (Microsoft Office 365) and the University Library's e-journals and e-books
- You will receive an email about how to create a user account at UiB. More info here.