Strategy for artistic research
Bergen Academy of Art and Design is a stimulating and energetic environment for developing new ideas and knowledge.
STIMULATING, Experimental, Vibrant and Grounded
Bergen Academy of Art and Design
- challenges established practices and is innovative in art and design.
- generates quality by focusing on processes and results.
- stimulates the creation and sharing of knowledge.
- innovates and initiates while promoting critical reflection.
- endeavours to further develop a strong artistic and academic environment through dialogue and cooperation as well as through the targeted recruitment of highly-qualified academic staff.
- defines overriding themes and develops projects that include members of the academic staff, research fellows, students and external partners.
- ensures close collaboration between artistic research and research in art and design.
- contributes to the development and quality of the Norwegian Artistic Research Programme.
- contributes to the formulation of agenda in international debates.
- is a visibly profiled participant in international projects.
From Bergen Academy of Art and Design's Strategy Plan
Read the strategy plan
Image: Heli Rekula, Untitled (in between) (2012).
Heli Rekula is Professor of Photography at the Department of Fine Art, Bergen Academy of Art and Design.